It is always a good idea to have enough tools in your toolbox; this is also true of methods and techniques for remembering things. Many times we can acquire creative memory techniques by listening to others’ experiences. Expand on the following thoughts:
- Describe a time when you forgot something important.
- Explain the outcome of the situation.
- How has this experience changed how you approach remembering things today?
- What tips, techniques, or methodologies do you use to remember things (i.e., what tools are in your toolbox for remembering things)?
Additional discussion topics if needed:
- When learning content for a test, what alternative would you suggest instead of taking notes in class?
- How would you generate a plan to study for a big test?
- What is the most important thing that you do to prepare for a test?
- Determine the value of memory aids.