- Reflect on the significance of sociology in your personal experience.
- Specifically examine how the sociological imagination can be applied to help you understand the impact of sociology in your own life.
- Be sure to define sociology, the sociological imagination and social forces (e.g., culture, social structure, socialization or social institutions).
- Reflect on the relationship between the individual and society.
- At the microlevel, identify examples of either individual behaviors or personal experiences that carry significance.
- At the macrolevel, identify examples of either agents of socialization, large secondary groups or formal organizations that shape your individual behavior or personal experiences.
- Reflect on how sociological theory and research can be used to help you understand the relationship between individual and society.
- Which sociological theory (e.g., structural-functionalism, conflict perspective, symbolic-interactionism) can best be used to understand the relationship between individual and society? Why?
- Which research methodology (e.g., quantitative, qualitative) can best be used to understand the relationship between individuals and society? Which specific research methods would you use? Why?
If you have gone to a doctor’s appointment within the last 20 years, you have likely signed a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act